Wednesday

A Christless Eternity

A Christless eternity, what a horrible thing.
Yet so many have gone and many will go
and face this very situation.
Each day the gospel is proclaimed and each day
many reject the free gift offered.

Are you being faithful where the Lord has you?
Are you being faithful to witness to your family and friends?
Are you being faithful to witness to those you work with?
Are you being faithful to witness to those who attend your church?

Will you go and tell of the holiness of God
and the sinfulness of man?
Will you go and tell of the righteous standards of God
and the rebelliousness of man?
Will you go and tell of the good news of Jesus Christ
and what He did?
Will you go and tell of repentance and faith in Christ alone?

Or will you just sit and make excuses:
I’m too busy to share.
I’m not good at speaking with others about Jesus.
I don’t want to lose friends.
I’m not gifted in that area (we’re all called to be witnesses
for Jesus Christ).
I don’t want there to be arguing in the family.
I’m too…I’m not good at …I don’t want…

Whatever the excuse, repent and ask the Lord to help you.

If you have no desire to witness to the lost, then I must ask you to examine yourself to see if you really are in the faith. With no desire to be a witness for the one you call Savior, it may be that He is not your Savior at all.

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘But the righteous man shall live by faith.’” Romans 1:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment